Some say the Analyte technology team is a myth. Others, perhaps more enlightened, consider them legend. If you ask us, we're just a collective of humble technologists, absolutely the best at everything we do. We are looking for the next great front-end engineer to join the team -- one whose success is paramount to our own. We may make jokes about being the best, but every great engineer knows that the road to greatness is never-ending, and we offer you this opportunity to level-up your skills and your career within our challenging and fast-paced team.
- We embrace JS unit testing. Familiarity with Jasmine and phantomJS are a plus.
- If you’ve worked with NodeJS, Grunt, Bower and/or AWS/S3, we’d love to hear about it, as we do, too.
- We understand the value of lean, flexible API-driven web applications. Single page application development is a consistent and ongoing process around here, and your role in our ever-ambitious roadmap will be a critical one.
- Almost everything we build has a mobile component, so we need developers keenly versed in responsive design principles.
- You’ll be collaborating with designers and product owners; we share product ownership from beginning to end. Your voice as a developer and interface expert will be heard. Become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
- Much of the work we do involves collaborating with back-end developers, so experience working collaboratively with many developers to get the job done is very important.
- We embrace libraries when appropriate, but are also down with building our own reusable libraries and frameworks to simplify development and maintenance.
- We’re always looking to tighten up what are our site-wide standards, coding practices and UI implementation strategies.
- We care about site optimization (we’re currently rocking a 89/100 Google Pagespeed score). As you know, it’s a journey that’s never complete. We’re looking for developers that are as obsessed as we are.
How we work
- We believe in a collaborative and iterative approach to design the best possible solution and refine with data-driven decisions about what works most effectively.
- We like test-driven practices with a focus on automation, dashboards, and continuous integration.
- We love continuous deployment. We code review everything before it goes to production. When the code is ready, it goes.
- We play, we research, and we experiment to find the best tools for the job. We’re not the type of team that rests on their laurels. We’re always looking to find ways to make things work better.
- We believe it’s important to never stop learning, and that it is critical to encourage personal development to have a successful team. As such, we have a budget for employee education that includes but is not limited to training and attendance to annual conferences of your preference. We also have a program that encourages developers to pause any of their existing work for a day to learn something completely new.
- We work in a laid-back, relaxed environment, with casual dress throughout the week. Schedules are flexible within reason and employees are given the option of working from home occasionally.
- We want to make our developers as successful as possible. Developers are involved throughout the entire project lifecycle to ensure technical viability of every project, and the leadership within the technology team all have a development background as well.
What’s Analyte Health?
Analyte Health is an integrated healthcare partner that connects patients and telehealth providers with laboratory testing services and local care. We focus on creating an outstanding patient experience by making lab testing more convenient, accessible and faster than traditional bricks and mortar office visits. In January 2017, Analyte Health announced a partnership with Teladoc, the leading telehealth provider in the US, to provide laboratory-testing services to their 17.5 million members.
What’s in it for me?
Analyte Health offers a competitive benefits package including a variety of medical plans, flexible paid time off, stock options, retirement plans and life insurance to eligible employees. All employees enjoy the following perks:
- Fun, casual work environment in downtown Chicago
- Free Food! Complimentary lunch is catered daily
- Fantastic opportunity to directly impact a high growth company working to revolutionize the US healthcare system using disruptive, innovative technology
In addition, we believe that the most productive developers have the full backing of the company. We ensure that our developers have the hardware and software that makes them happy, and provide an adequate budget for all developers to customize their workstation or purchase any peripherals that they require.
Analyte Health is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.